Saturday, March 31, 2007
speech day today.
at first I was kinda disappointed because I heard that 4i's gna sit at the gallery there. so sad okay! I was protesting and protesting but in the end 4i sat downstairs. somemore closest to the band! haha I can die laughing ok. somemore charis, yiying etc were like, "WAH ARNANTA LOOKS SO GIRL." wth. dammit. HAHA. zhiyun and tendy gave me the stuuuupid face. yay so happy to see 4i.
congrats to all prize winners! and to the seniors who did well!
-
the band did well today! (:
I was like into the music so much that I didn't even care about the many pair of eyes staring at us. we played well, and I'm super glad. haha! except for the fact that I mispitched one note. DAMN IT!!!! ): shesh. and fatmah was super funny. before we played, she warned me about the irritating photographer, and she told mr ong to chase him away if he comes. and true enough, the photographer really came! he took photos and I was distracted. the shadow formed because of his head completely covered my score la! luckily I memorise my parts alr. if not I will kill him okay!
after we played, mr ong was smiling. and he told me that we did well! just that we have to move a little bit more and everythg will be good! (:
mrs lim walked towards mr ong after the whole speech day thing and she told him we had improved tremendously. and he agreed too! only the middle part of yiddish abit soft then it seemed like we broke down, but the beginning and the last part was very awesome.
I'm proud of this band! (:
ex-seniors came and they said we had improved too! it's like, wow. everyone said we played great! sarahj and nishanthi gave us thumbs-up :D and krystal helped me record! YAY SO NICE RIGHT!!!! HAHA! so anyone who wants the recording come ask from me okay! haha.
many more helped me record. I'm waiting for sarah chua to send me the video. hahaha I'm not kiasu okay! x)
yay I'm super high now la.
even though there were mistakes here and there, overall we had improved! and it's really nice to know that because it shows that our manymany practices didn't go to waste afterall! and from this performance, I really believe our band can do it for syf07. we
can, and we have the capability to perform well.
12 more days,
let's give it our best shot!
this band really touched my heart la. especially when I see that only 1 person cannot make it for next week's good friday practice. it's a public holiday and yet the band is willing to sacrifice their time to come back for more practices. that's really very nice to know okay.
we're all working so hard together because we share the common goal. we have what it takes to do very well so what are we afraid of! (: I'm just worried about the band being scared of ms sia. yes it is a good thing to be scared of her, because then many people will be serious during band practs and stuff, but during performances we shouldn't be scared of her right. afterall she is our conductor, the one who is going with us for the competition, and the one who had been guiding us all these while. it's quite sad to see the band being so nervous when she comes and then we'll go back to square one when we make all the same mistakes all over again. I really hope that no one gets kicked out of this team anymore. let's all jiayou okay! whatever it is, we are still
one band, and I believe all of ms sia's decisions are well thought of and her decisions will make us improve and play better. we must not let her down anymore.
after one whole week, we all deserve a good rest and so we'll be ready for more practices next week. it's tough and demanding but nothing comes without hardwork and committment. (: and I believe our hardwork will pay off eventually.
jiayou CSB!
we're getting there (:
5:25 PM Tjung!